WHO CAN GUEST POST ON OUR TRAVEL BLOG?
Anyone can submit stories of their travels to us as long as they are well written, and adhere to our guidelines below. As we’ve already said, blogging isn’t for everyone, so it’s not a requirement that you do have your own blog – if you do, that’s great, we’ll link back to you from here.
Please note that travel stories aren’t limited to only when you go on big trips. Local trips and pieces like “Great Picnic Spots in Joburg” all fall under our scope. Lifestyle articles and humoristic comment pieces are also accepted. “Lifestyle” is an extremely broad category so you pretty much have free-reign, subject to our approval of course.
- Authentic – we cannot accept any piece of writing that has been published anywhere else on the Internet. We will check all content with a plagiarism tool, so make sure that your article is authentic and original 🙂
- We’d like your stories to be a minimum of 600 words please, unless it’s a photo essay.
- We require 2 photographs (minimum) and they need to be at least 1024px wide. Portrait style shots need to be 800px wide.
- You can also send videos’s, or embed codes for videos you’ve uploaded to Youtube.
- If you would like to submit a photo blog / photo essay then we need at least 300 words and at least five photographs.
- All posts will go into Draft status and be approved by us before publishing it. Should your post not be published for any reason, we will send your an email to advise you of this.
WHAT WE GET AND WHAT YOU GET:
WHAT WE GET:
- More awesome stories / posts to share with our readers and friends.
- Growth and the opportunity to showcase more destinations to the world.
WHAT YOU GET:
- A platform to share your tales and journeys.
- A link to your blog if you have one – backlinks from trusted sources like Leka Escapes means a lot to Google Search algorithms.
- Shared across our social media channels so that more people can see your work.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?